Destination of the week: Belgium
Welcome to the land of waffles, beer, Smurfs, chocolate and more! Belgium provides the ideal connection to the UK, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany by rail as well as a fantastic internal rail network.
To make the most out of your visit, grab the Benelux Eurail pass that will cover all your trips within the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg.
Are seat reservations required?
Seat reservations are NOT required on:
- Most domestic services.
- IC Brussels trains (free seating).
Seat reservations ARE required on:
- Thalys (connection to Paris and Amsterdam, seat reservation automatically included in your ticket).
- Eurostar (connection to London and Amsterdam, seat reservation automatically included in your ticket).
Suggested day trips
Brussels is the best place to base yourself for a variety of day trips around the country.
- BEST SELLER: One of the Eurail passes covering Benelux
- To get the most out of Brussels: Hop on Hop Off Bus pass