Destination of the week: Europe
We are breaking our routine by nominating an entire continent as the destination of the week.
Why travel by train in Europe
There are 5 great reasons:
- Money saver - train tickets are generally more affordable than flying - plus there are no extra costs for luggage.
- More comfort - even 2nd class offers plenty of comfort and tons of leg space. You are also free to walk around and explore the train.
- Stops in the city centre - no need to pay for a taxi or spend an hour in traffic to get to the airport. Trains will take you to the centre of the city, usually walking distance to major hotels.
- Eco-friendly - flying is extremely inefficient and damages the environment in a noticeable way. Trains, on the other hand, run on electricity which frequently comes from renewable sources.
- Local experience - meet locals, experience their habits, try out different snacks, and get a taste of coffee (and beer) across the continent.
Best of Europe itinerary