Destination of the week: Italy
Italy - one of the most popular destinations in Europe has it all - mountains and lakes in the North, beaches all around, enough history to satisfy even the biggest buffs, and of course the food. If you want to tick off all the major spots around the country, take advantage of the Italian rail network that's not only fast but extremely affordable.
Are seat reservations required?
Seat reservations are required on all high-speed services. Only regional Trenitalia services don't require seat reservations.
Suggested itinerary - best of Italy
- Rome to Assisi (2h 14 min)
- Assisi to Florence (2h 32 min)
- Florence to Pisa (1 h)
- Pisa to La Spezia - Cinque Terre (45 min)
- La Spezia to Milan (3 h 14 min)
- Milan to Venice (2 h 25 min)
- Venice to Rome (3 h 33 min)
- (Optional) day trip: Rome to Naples (52 min one way)
- BEST SELLER: Italy Eurail Pass - now up to 20% cheaper
- To get from the airport to the city: Rome Airport Transfer
- To get FREE and FAST entry to most attractions in Rome: OMNIA Vatican & Rome Pass - Fast Track Entry
- To get around Rome easily: City Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off
Deals and specials
- You can now book tickets in Italy 6 months in advance!